Award Guidelines & Eligibility CRITERIA
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER THE AWARDS
- Get the chance to win an award for your excellence in managing the built environment
- Winning or being short-listed for an award boosts your brand value
- Gain publicity and coverage through the CM today magazine and website and social media handles
- Get the chance to stand out amongst your competition
- The nominating process gives your company the ideal opportunity to address its strengths and weaknesses
- Nominating and subsequently winning will boost employee morale and gain confidence with clients.
HOW TO ENTER?
- Visit www.sbefa.com
- Go through the Award Criteria and Award Categories
- Visit the Nominations tab, create a unique user-name and password (this will enable you to edit your entry later on, if need be)
- Fill in the form, choose your category and click on ‘Submit’
- Book a table if you require – we recommend it
Nominees eligible for submitting their entries need to meet the following criteria:
- All stakeholders involved in a facility from the Developers, Property Management Companies, Consultants, Facilities Management Companies, Community Management Companies, and PropTech Companies are eligible to enter the awards in the applicable categories.
- If the entry criteria are met for a particular category, you may nominate your own company, a supplier, a business partner, or even a client. 3rd party nominations, as well as self-nominations, are accepted. Nominations should be detailed written submissions answering the category criteria with a supporting documents pdf to allow the judges to make informed decisions.
- Each company/facility must be at least 1 year old in operations in the UAE. Individuals being nominated must have a valid visa for a Middle Eastern country You can take part in more than 1 category that applies to you.
- All nominations should be submitted via the online entry form. Nominations submitted via email will not be acknowledged
- Entries should be mainly based on the period starting from January 2020 to April 2021. However, relevant material for work carried out before January 2020 will be considered where applicable.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend or remove award categories. The judging panel has the right to withhold any award if, in its view, the entries do not meet the required standards.
- The jury’s decision will be final and binding on all nominees, and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Nominations must be done through the event website which involves a quick, simple registration, followed by a written nomination of up to 500 words to summarise the entry and the key points for the judges’ consideration.
- THINK BEFORE YOU ACT: Before selecting the category you think fits best. Assess your strengths, weaknesses, and achievements related to each category. You can submit your nomination for more than one category.
- DON’T LEAVE NOMINATING FOR THE LAST MINUTE: Gather all the necessary data for your nomination before-hand and compile it in an orderly manner.
- PUT YOURSELF IN THE JURY’S SHOES: Think of what you would look for if you were a jury member — then write your nomination clearly.
- SIMPLE, SYSTEMATIC, SUCCINCT: These are the three S’s of the nomination. Ensure the information that you convey is clear and does not override the word or size limit. Focus on what the criteria requires. Ensure that all information is as relevant and current as possible. Ensure that all projects or case studies are excellent and as unique as possible.
- BACK YOUR SUMMARY: While a 500-word summary will make a first impression that alone is not enough. Ensure that you back your answers by attaching relevant information, evidence, certifications, testimonials, photographs, video links, etc. Include facts and stats that can back your summary.
- MULTIMEDIA: Pictures have the maximum impact — don’t hesitate to share project/application pictures where relevant. Video links work, too.
COMPILING A WINNING NOMINATION
Want to send in your nominations? Click here for a quick tutorial on the process!
Megha S Anthony